Thursday, April 28, 2005

Good Grief!

(As an update, recently, there is a surge of google searches for this particular puzzle. I am intrigued to as why the sudden interest, so if anyone can leave me a note as to why, it would be great! Highlight to reveal answers)

If I can just get the theme for a Thursday puzzle, it must be a good day. Today's puzzle, by Elizabeth Gorski, was a good and fun one. It has three themed entries as well as a 2 word title hidden in the puzzle. And I love this cute little theme, totally cool.

1962 Peace Nobelist - "Linus Pauling"
Actress in "Hercules and the Amazon Women" - "Lucy Lawless"
"Wall Street" actor - "Charlie Sheen"
Possible title for this puzzle - "Peanuts Gallery"

Cute clues:
Fifth wheels - spares
World Views? - atlases
Centipede's head? - softc

New to me:
Stalags - A German prisoner of war camp for officers and enlisted personnel.
Amernia's currency - dram ( = 100 luoma)
Sade (pronounced shar-day)- R&B, jazz artist, with Smooth Operator, Hang On To Your Love, The Sweetest Taboo, By Your Side and Love is King.
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz (1648-1695) - Mexican Nun, poet, philosopher and feminist.
1977 Steeley Dan Album - Aja
Alnico - Magnet alloy of iron, cobalt, nickel, aluminum and copper.

On another puzzle last night (not the NYT) I came across a cute little clue:
What happens when the smog lifts? - ucla

3 Comments:

Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
Today's News About Google

12:06 PM  
Blogger ladyrain said...

Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about Good Grief!. Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work, curtis.

Cheers,
new york city high schools

11:35 PM  
Blogger Rick Lee said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home