Thursday, June 30, 2005

What's the use?

Joe DiPietro gives us a bit of wordplay for this Thursday puzzle. I still can't believe I completed most of them. The clues were consistent and some chuckle-worthy.

Unappropriated financial aid? - 'loosegrant;
Conventional breakfast drink? - 'orthodoxjuice'
Dr. in favor of compensation? - 'seussfordamages'
Low card in the upper elevations? - 'mountaindeuce'
Tale of a ceasefire? - 'trucestory'

At the same time, four long cross-clues were also excellent (kepthouse, placetogo,fullmouth,tablesalt)!!

Things to know:
St. Croix River - river between Maine and New Brunswick
oast - A kiln for drying hops or malt or drying and curing tobacco. (brewer's need)

Twisted clues:
Play boy? - actor
Natural - undyed
Tint part - cameo
Fall locale - eden
It runs down one's arm - ulna
X - ten
Mystery man - mrx
Game pieces - men
It's labels S, not P - table salt
Filing aid - emery
Pronouncement - dictum

5 Comments:

Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a student plane ticket
It deals mostly with student plane ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

5:42 AM  
Blogger don't like sushi said...

Great posts about What's the use?. Your blog is full of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work, curtis.

Cheers,
new york city apartment for rent

10:50 PM  
Blogger ladyrain said...

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about What's the use?. Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work, curtis.

Cheers,
new york city news

11:34 PM  
Blogger horseshoe said...

curtis GREAT title What's the use?. I am actually looking for plush breyer related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other plush breyer related blogs. Thank you.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home