Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Straight Ace

Today's puzzle has four themed clue, and also a two word title in the center, elegantly designed by Gary Steinmehl. The main clues are:

Do embroidery - needlepoint
Old TV show that featured "bachelorettes" with "the" - datinggame
Classic toy for budding engineers - erectorset
It can't light just anywhere - safetymatch
With 41-across, question associated with above - tennis anyone

Things I didn't know:
Charlie Chaplin's brother - Syd(ney)
Apres-ski - Some kind of skiing, not really sure
Mel Ott - NY Giants out-fielder

So, I've recently bought several books of the NYT crosswords to tide me over at night. And I've been digging into the two omnibi of easy crosswords. I've been getting stuck on a lot of them, even though the book purports to be from Mondays exclusively. I feel awfully bad when I can't get some clues, which leads me to believe that NYT crosswords now are a lot more doable. Does anyone else have this feeling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home